I wanted to keep these cupcakes simple so I used a Better Crocker French Vanilla Cake mix (my favorite.)
So to begin,
- Make your favorite batch of cupcakes, whether it’s a box or a recipe.
- While hot, fill center of cupcakes with warm honey. You can use the tip of the bottle, or a tool like this-
Peanut butter buttercream frosting:
1 stick softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Cream together butter and peanut butter.
- Add cream and beat until light.
- Slowly add sugar until incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla until light and creamy.
I mixed grape & strawberry jelly. My consistency was too thin so I put
- 1 cup jelly
- 2 tsp cornstarch
over medium heat on the stove & stirred until thickened. After thickened I let cool. Place in refrigerator if you need to.
Next, place Peanut butter frosting in one half of a piping bag & the jelly in the other half with large star or round tip. (This created the ‘swirled effect.) Then, pipe onto Cupcakes.
If this is too much of a hassle, ice the cupcakes with the peanut butter frosting and place a dollop of jelly on top.
Meet Daddy Cupcake (with pretzel arms.)
& Meet his woman and children :)
For the baby mamas that follow me- These make great mini cupcakes!
Seriously so good. Enjoy!